Below is information we found directly from FHA Home Loans website for qualifying for an FHA Loan:
FHA loans are the easiest type of real estate mortgage loan to qualify for. The FHA loan requirement guidelines for loan qualification are the most flexible of all mortgage loans that require less than 5% down payment.
Basic FHA loan requirements.
- Two Years of steady employment, preferably with same employer.
- Last two years Income should be the same or increasing.
- Credit report should typically have less than two thirty day lates in last two years with a minimum credit score of 620 or higher or in some cases no credit score at all.
- Bankruptcy’s must be at least two years old, with perfect credit since discharge.
- Foreclosure’s must be at least three years old, with perfect credit since.
- Your new mortgage payment should be approximately 30% of your gross (before taxes) income.
These are some of the most basic of FHA loan requirements for qualifying for a FHA loan. If you have answered yes to most of these statements, you probably qualify for a FHA mortgage loan.
Contact The Lawhead Team to start looking for your new home and start the approval process for your loan!