Single-Family Detached Home Prices
The Lawhead Team’s latest HomeDex report for single-family detached homes in North County San Diego:
- The median price for all homes in North San Diego County – single-family detached and single-family attached – increased to $495,000 in June 2013 from $485,000 in May 2013.
- The median-priced single-family detached (SFD) home in North San Diego County increased 1.71 percent, from $555,500 in May 2013 to $565,000 in June 2013. June 2013 was the highest SFD median prices in North County since January 2008. Year-over median SFD price in North San Diego County increased 20.21 percent, from $470,000 in June 2012 – the eleventh month of year-over median price increases (the last four months exceeding 20 percent).
- The single-family detached median price in non-North County Zip Codes increased 2.32 percent, to $429,750 in June 2013 from $420,000 in May 2013. Year-over non-North County median price increased 23.49 percent, from $348,000 in June 2012 – this is a fifteenth month trend of year-over median price increases.
- The median SFD price in San Diego County increased 3.64 percent, to $485,000 in June 2013 from $467,950 in May 2013.
- Year-over county-level single-family detached median price jumped 24.36 from June 2012 — the thirteenth month that year-over median price has increased.
- The median days-on-market for North San Diego County single-family detached homes sold increased from 18 days in May 2013 to 19 days in June 2013.
- The SFD median price-per-square foot jumped from $252 in May 2013 to $261 in June 2013 – the highest price in over five years — and a 23.41 percent increase year-over from June 2012.
- The number of sold SFD units in North San Diego County decreased 5.76 percent from May 2013 to June 2013. Year-over sold SFD units decreased 0.88 percent compared to June 2012.
- Single-family detached total sales volume increased 19.45 percent year-over from June 2012, the fifteenth month of year-over increases.
- SFD listings (active and contingent) in North San Diego County increased 5.97 percent from May 2013 to June 2013, but were down 26.1 percent year-over compared to June 2012 – continuing a 22-month trend of year-over declines in listings.
- SFD listings (active and contingent) in San Diego County increased 8.26 percent from May 2013 to June 2013, and decreased 26.77 percent year-over from June 2012.
- The monthly payment – including principal, interest, property taxes, and insurance – for the median-priced SFD home in North San Diego County increased from $2,647 in May 2013 (based on a conventional mortgage), to $2,649 in June 2013.
- The monthly payment for the median-priced single-family detached home in non-North San Diego County increased from $2,001 in May 2013, to $2,015 in June 2013.
- The percent of San Diego County households that could afford the median-priced single-family detached home in North County remained at 28 percent in June 2013, according to the North San Diego County HomeDexTM, and the affordability percentage in non-North County Zip Codes remained at 41 percent in June 2013.
- In June 2012, the affordability percentage was 33 percent in North San Diego County and 47 percent in non-North San Diego County.
- The HomeDexTM affordability percentage for all homes in North San Diego County – single-family detached and single-family attached together – remained 34 percent in June 2013.