One Cool Thing – The Impact of Home Staging
The Lawhead Team would like to share the latest “One Cool Thing” from the California Association of Realtors on the impact that home staging has on a house for sale.
Most homeowners know it is important to keep a home clean, bright, and free from clutter while it is on the market for sale. But, sometimes taking the extra step to stage a home can make a difference in how a buyer values it and the price a seller might get for it.
49% of REALTORS® representing buyers say home staging impacts most buyer’s final decision.
Top reasons a buyer’s decision is impacted by a staged home
- 81% – Easier to visualize the property as a future home
- 46% – More willing to walk through a home viewed online
- 45% – Will positively impact home value of home if decorated to buyer’s taste
- 28% – Overlook other properly faults
- 10% – Will negatively impact home value if decorated against buyer’s tastes
- 5% – More suspect of home features
Source: NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® 2015 Profile of Home Staging