Inspecting the inspection – What you need to know about home inspections.
The Lawhead Team would like to share the latest One Cool Thing about home inspections and what the most common problems uncovered in them are. We would also like to note, if you are buying a brand new home a home inspection is still highly recommended!
Very few home inspections ever come back completely clear. Here are the most common problems uncovered in home inspections.
86% of home inspections found something needed to be fixed. Here are the most common fixes:
- 19.7% needed roof repairs
- 18.7% had electrical issues
- 18.4% had issues with windows in the home
- 13.3% of homes had branches overhanging the roof
- 16.9% had issues with the rain gutters
- 13.6% had plumbing issues
- 12.6% had fencing that needed repair
- 12.2% had an issue with the water heater
- 11.9% needed repairs to driveways, sidewalks, patios or entrance landings
- 9.9% needed attention to the air conditioning
Source for home inspection article: Porch.com and REALTOR magazine