Don’t make these legal mistakes!
Are you selling your home? The Lawhead Team would like to share a “One Cool Thing” article by California Association of Realtors about common legal mistakes home sellers make.
Top ten legal mistakes home sellers make:
- Accepting the buyer with the highest offer without regard to the other contractual terms.
- Not properly handling multiple offer situations with multiple buyers.
- Not properly handling back-up offers.
- Making a legal mistake by entering into an agreement with no earnest money deposit from the buyer or a very small amount.
- Entering into an agreement before verifying the buyers financial ability to close escrow.
- Not disclosing known material fact affecting the value or desirability of the property.
- Not providing the buyer with legally required disclosures.
- Not obtaining the buyer’s written acknowledgement of disclosures.
- Not considering whether to require the buyer to remove contingencies.
- Not excluding items from the sale that the seller wants to keep.