How to get your home ready to sell.
Check out The Lawhead Team’s helpful tips to get your home in its best shape to sell.
A refined and polished home will appeal to more buyers, sell faster and sell for a higher price. Not to mention buyers will feel more comfortable purchasing a home which appears to be well cared for.
Spend as little money as possible when preparing your home to sell. There is a difference between minor repairs and purchasing an entirely new roof. The following are some helpful tips to get your home ready to sell:
- Keep your curb appeal looking nice. Mow the lawn, trim hedges, and make sure you have healthy looking plants out front.
- Keep your garage door closed and store RVs and beat up cars elsewhere while your home is on the market to sell.
- Apply a fresh coat of paint to the front door. Keep in mind, the exterior of your home is the first impression potential buyers will get of your home when you sell your home.
- Repair and/or replace any loosed siding and caulking on the outside of your home.
- Perform a thorough deep cleaning of your entire home and remove all clutter. Just this simple step will help your home look bigger and brighter.
- Remove as much as you can from kitchen counters, closets and attics. This makes these areas much more inviting and even larger looking when you sell your home.
- Repair any cracks, holes or damage to your walls, wallpaper, paint, or flooring.
- If your paint inside your rooms, living rooms and kitchen are brightly colored you may want to paint over with a more neutral color so the potential buyers can easily picture themselves living in your home.
- Hire a professional cleaning service every few weeks while your home is on the market to sell.
- Repair leaking and dripping faucets and showerheads. You may also want to buy new “for show” towels for the bathroom to be brought out when prospective buyers come to look at your home.