Top ten overlooked questions to ask when buying a home.
The California Association of Realtors provides their One Cool Thing which shares valuable information pertinent buying a home.
Here are the Top Questions To Ask When Buying a Home:
- Where is the seller’s disclosure? Even if you are in love with the home, be aware of all its flaws.
- What is the home’s zoning guidelines? This is especially important if you want to make any structural changes to the house.
- What home inspections are available? To avoid costly problems down the line, get as many types of inspections as you can.
- Why is this house for sale? This simple question may provide useful insight when writing your offer.
- Has the property been tested for radon? This is another question that can be a life saver, literally.
- Are smoke detectors properly installed and located? Make sure you account for this crucial detail.
- Has this home ever had a mold inspection? If so, looking at the inspection may provide important details about the home’s history.
- What is the neighborhood’s crime rate? This can be easily looked up online, but getting a local’s take may be even better.
- What is the neighborhood noise level? It is important to learn, before you buy, if you live next door to a nightmare drummer.
- Are there many kids or dogs in the neighborhood? This will either be a positive or a negative, depending on your home buying desires.
Click Here to view this info in your browser. Source: California Association Of Realtors.