One Cool Thing – The Student Loan Obstacle
The Lawhead Team would like to share the latest “One Cool Thing” from the California Association of Realtors about student loan debt and buying a home.
The majority of adults say that owing a home is either the “most important” or “very important” part of the American Dream.
- 1 out of 4 Americans knows someone who has delayed buying a home because of student loan debt
- 60% say owning a home is either the “most important” or a “very important” part of the American Dream
Potential obstacles preventing homeownership:
- 17% – Student loan debt
- 14% – Lack of down payment
- 13% – Ability to afford a home in a preferred neighborhood
- 11% – Lack of job security
Source: NeighborWork America. “America at Home” survey.