We all want to add value to our home, right?
Sometimes adding value means putting out a lot of money to make the proper improvements possible.
Whether you’re getting ready to sell your home or want to spiff it up inexpensively for your own enjoyment, The Lawhead Team would like to share some simple ways to add more value to your home without breaking the bank:
- Install new switch plate covers on your electrical switches and light switches. They’re easy to install and look much better than the old yellowing cover you had.
- Change your doorknobs. These make a huge difference by increasing value but are still inexpensive. Check online for any good deals.
- Add a fresh coat of interior paint. Painting your walls can instantly brighten up your house and make it appear well cared for.
- Update your lampshades to add some value. This is a small item that will make a huge difference.
- Install new blinds and curtains in your home, especially if you have the standard one inch vinyl blinds. New curtains and blinds can help increase the value of the look of your home.
- Change and update any frames of pictures you have on the walls.
- Nothing will bring up the value on your home than a little elbow grease. A cleaner house will look more appealing to your realtor when he or she helps you set a price, as well as to the appraiser the bank sends out when you have an offer.
- Add plants to the interior of your home and update any pots you may have.
- Buy some new cushion and pillow covers, or sew them out of old unneeded pieces of clothing or fabric. You can usually find good deals on fabric if you look online. This helps update the look of your home and add value.
- Change your kitchen and bath rug and your doormat. Switch to a new shower curtain.