It is a seller’s market but there are some things you need to know when selling.
Just like anything in life, first impressions are very important. When selling your home, you want your potential buyers to get the best first impression possible.
- Your listing price doesn’t match your home. If the home you are selling requires some work such as maintenance and upgrades, don’t think you can just slap on a huge price tag and expect to sell it in days. The first week your home is on the market will be when it will get the most traffic. When selling make sure your home looks it’s best to give the best first impression possible.
- Your personal items are still cluttering your home. No matter how sentimental your items are, they are going to need to be taken down sooner or later when you sell. When selling your home make sure to de-clutter.
- You only have certain times potential buyers can view your home. When a new home comes on the market, potential buyers will want to see it right away. When selling, always make sure your home is available to show at anytime.
- You linger around when people come to look at your home. If you are selling, leave when potential buyers come by to look at the home. Your presence can make buyers uncomfortable and leave without truly considering it.
- You fail to mention any problems with the home. Disclose any major repairs that need to be done. Don’t let your deal fall through when selling because you have a leaky roof or your AC doesn’t work. In most cases potential buyers will hire a home inspector and these problems will surface one way or another.