North San Diego County’s key points from the HomeDex report for May.
The latest key points from the HomeDex Report for May for North County San Diego provided to you by The Lawhead Team.
- The median price for all North County San Diego home sales – attached and detached – increased to $470,000 in April 2013 compared to $448,000 in March 2013.
- Detached homes in North County increased 1.9 percent in April 2013 to $535,000 compared to $525,000 in March 2013. Year-over median price for SFD in North San Diego County jumped 27.38 percent, from $420,000 in April 2012, continuing a nine-month trend of year-over median price increases (the last two months exceeding 25 percent). April 2013 reported the highest median price in North County since mid-2008.
- Detached home prices OUTSIDE North County increased 1.27 percent to $400,000 in April 2013 compared to $395,000 in March 2013. Year-over non-North County median price jumped 17.73 percent compared to $339,750 in April 2012, making a 13-month trend of year-over median price increases.
- Attached home prices in North County San Diego increased 4.1 percent to $330,000 in April 2013 compared to $317,000 in March 2013.
- Non-North County attached home prices remained constant at $265,000 in April 2013.
- The number of North San Diego SFD listings (active and contingent) rose 0.76 percent from March 2013 to April 2013, but decreased 38.83 percent year-over from April 2012 – the 20th month of year-over declines in listings.
- The number of sold North San Diego County SFD units increased 9.03 percent in April 2013 compared to March 2013. Year-over sold SFD units increased 8.91 percent compared to April 2012.
- Median days-on-market for single-family detached homes sold in North County fell to 19 days in April 2013 compared to 26 days in March 2013.
- The HomeDex affordability percentage for all homes in North San Diego County – attached and detached – decreased to 36 percent in April 2013 compared to 39 percent in March 2013.