Are you making an investment on home improvements this year?
The Lawhead Team would like to share the projects that have the greatest and the least return on investment from the latest One Cool Thing.
Here’s a look at the projects with the greatest and least return on investment in 2017. Typically, the 29 projects on this year’s report paid back an average of 64.3 CENTS on the dollar in resale value.
Top 5 projects with the GREATEST ROI in the “upscale” cost category:
- 85% – Garage door replacement
- 77.8% – Entry door replacement (fiberglass)
- 73.9% – Window replacement (vinyl)
- 73% – Window replacement (wood)
- 70.1% – Grand entrance (fiberglass)
Top 5 projects with the LOWEST ROI in the “upscale” category:
- 61.9% – Major kitchen remodel
- 59.9% – Master suite addition
- 59.1% – Bathroom remodel
- 57.1% – Bathroom addition
- 56.4% – Deck addition (composite)
Source: Remodeling Magazine, Cost vs. Value Report