Planning on a remodeling project at home?
Check out the latest One Cool Thing at The Lawhead Team’s blog about remodeling return on investment:
Not all home improvements are created equal. These five projects will reward you the most when it comes time to sell:
- New Roof – The cost is approximately $7500 and your return is 109% at $8150.
- New Garage Door – The cost is $2300 for a two door garage and the return is 87% at $2000.
- Hardwood Floors – The cost to refinish hardwood floors is $2500 with a return of 100% at $2500. The cost to buy new is $5500 with a return of 91% at $5000.
- Better Insulation – The cost is $2100 with a return of 76% at $1600 (plus the added savings on heating and cooling costs).
- New Siding – The cost is $13350 with a return of 75% at $10000.
Source for Remodeling ROI: HouseLogic