Tips to prevent burglary.
No one wants to be a victim of a home burglary. Check out our tips to prevent burglary in your home:
- Place a sign up that you have a home security system. Even if you don’t want to spend the money on a security system, just a simple security sign in your yard or on your window will help deter a burglary. Chances are a burglar will go to the next house if he thinks you have a security system.
- Make sure your garage remains closed anytime you are not present. Open garages may advertise your belongings to a potential burglary.
- Stay on friendly terms with your neighbors. Closely knit neighbors are more likely to call the police if they see someone suspicious lurking around your property. Make it a point to befriend your neighbors and help prevent burglarythroughout the neighborhood.
- Most times valuables are kept in the bedroom and burglars know this. Keep valuables outside of your bedroom, anywhere a burglar wouldn’t expect to find them.
- Homes with shrubbery and abundant bushes to hide behind make a pleasant opportunity for a burglary. If your home is relatively exposed a burglar may avoid your house because there are not many places he can make his escape.
- Lights with motion sensors are a great way to deter a burglary. If someone is to walk along the side of your home, the light will turn on automatically encouraging the burglar to move on.
- Noise, such as the radio or TV, is a great way to deter a potential burglary. A burglar is more likely to think you are home and move on to the next house.
- Keep your home’s windows and doors locked at all times. Do an inventory of your home and examine where the easiest break in point would be and secure it to avoid any potential future burglary.