Expecting company for Christmas?
The Holidays are a time for friends and family to gather. Are you planning on company? Even if you aren’t sometimes unexpected company arrives and The Lawhead Team would like to share some tips to quickly prepare your home for company.
- Act like a first time visitor at your home. Walk through your home as if you are a guest visiting to help see through the eyes of your guests. The first impressions your company will have is your front door. Is your entry-way clean? Is there room to place coats and purses? Most of us don’t use our front door often if we enter through the garage. Make sure the formal entrance of your home is pleasing.
- De-clutter your home quickly. Pick up junk you don’t need laying around such as mail, shoes, jackets, etc. Stash these things in a pile hidden away to be sorted later. Walk around with a laundry basket, filling it with “clutter” and stash it away in a room your company won’t be seeing such as an office or closet.
- Do a quick scrub and dusting. Wipe down kitchen counters with some wet wipes and do a quick dusting of the rooms your company will primarily be in. Make sure your guest bathroom is stocked with paper products and the shower curtain is pulled closed. Do a quick sweeping of your entry-way a once over vacuuming of your living room.
- Use proper lighting. Candles are a great way to create ambiance plus you get to avoid turning on bright lights so your company doesn’t see any dust or dirt you may have missed! Table lamps with low wattage bulbs are a good idea as well. And now that it is Christmas, the twinkle lights you have in your home should create enough light for everyone to see!
- Add your finishing touches. Set your table with decorative place-mats, put some music on enjoy your home and company!