What is new in North County San Diego’s housing market?
The Lawhead Team would like to share the HomeDex Report’s key points in the San Diego North County Housing industry.
- The median price for all North County home sales – attached and detached – increased slightly to $495,000 in August 2013 compared to $494,000 in July 2013.
- Detached homes in North County rose 1.95 percent in August 2013 to $575,000 compared to $564,000 in July 2013. Year-over median price for SFD in North San Diego County jumped 26.10 percent, compared to $456,000 in August 2012, making 13 straight month of year-over median price increases (the last six months exceeding 20 percent). August 2013 reported the highest median SFD price since late 2007.
- Detached home prices OUTSIDE North County remained at $435,000 in August 2013 compared July 2013. Year-over non-North County median price jumped 21.17 percent compared to $359,000 in August 2012, making 17 straight months of year over median price increases.
- Attached home prices in North County decreased 3.68 percent to $340,000 in August 2013 compared to $353,000 in July 2013. Year-over North San Diego County median price jumped 21.43 percent, compared to $280,000 in August 2012.
- Non-North County attached home prices remained constant at $295,000 in August 2013. Year-over countywide SFA median price jumped 32.88 percent, compared to August 2012.
- The number of North County San Diego SFD listings (active and contingent) increased 11.49 percent in August 2013 compared to July 2013, but decreased 8.62 percent year-over compared to August 2012 – continuing a 24-month trend of year-over declines in listings.
- The number of sold North County San Diego County SFD units decreased 6.94 percent in August 2013 compared to July 2013. Year-over sold SFD units fell 7.71 percent compared to August 2012.
- Median days-on-market for single-family detached homes sold in North County increased to 21 days in August 2013 compared to 17 days in July 2013.
- The HomeDex affordability percentage for all homes in North San Diego County – attached and detached – was 33 percent in August 2013.