Find out what home buyers look for in a neighborhood.
The neighborhood your home is in is very important. Not just for you while you are living there but for potential buyers when you go to sell your home.
The Lawhead Team would like to share the latest from the California Association Of Realtors’ One Cool Thing:
What Do You Want In A Neighborhood?
There are several things that are important to home buyers when selecting their neighborhood. Here is a list of the most common from the NAR’s National Community Preference Survey:
- 68% said they want their neighborhood to have easy access to the highway.
- 65% said they want their neighborhood to have public transportation within walking distance of their home.
- 66% said they want an established neighborhood with older homes and mature trees.
- 65% would like their neighborhood be close to their place of employment, allowing them to have a short commute to work.
- 74% said they want high quality public schools in their neighborhood.
- 86% said they want privacy from neighbors in the home they buy.
- 66% said they want to live in a community with people of all stages of life.
- 80% said they want their neighborhood to have sidewalks and places to take walks.
- 55% said they want to live in a place that is away from it all.
- 69% said they want their neighborhood to be walking distance to places like schools and shops.