Helpful moving tips from The Lawhead Team.
The Lawhead Team would like to share some helpful moving tips we suggest everyone follows when moving into their new home.
- Make A Checklist – For boxes that is! Label each box with a number and the name of the room they belong. On a piece of paper, list them on a checklist. Keep a copy when moving and give another copy to the movers. This will be extremely helpful if the movers are loading another house into the same truck and a box or two turns up missing.
- Neighbors – Make sure your neighbor you trust has a spare key to your old house. Chances are something will need to be checked after you leave or you may leave something behind when moving.
- Hire A House Cleaner – Moving your stuff and redecorating your new home is time consuming. Why not hire a professional home cleaner to get your home all cleaned and ready for you to move on in and start decorating!
- Tape Cords To Electronics – Keep all your electronics together with their correct cords and remotes to make sure you don’t lose anything and everything ends up together where it is supposed to. You’d hate to get your TV all hooked up only to find out your remote is missing!
- Eliminate Packing Paper – Go green and use towels and scarves to wrap your breakables. This also makes for less to move since your towels won’t need their own box!
- Moving Pets – Make sure you consult with your veterinarian before making the drive with your pets to their new home. Cats do not usually like the car so make moving as calm as possible. Even fish can sometimes get carsick and even die when the fishbowl is slopping all over. Keep their bowl as still as possible.
- Utilities – Lastly, make sure to cancel all your utilities before you leave and have all your home’s new utilities turned on before you move in. No one likes trying to unpack boxes in candlelight!