Thinking about making a move from your current home?
The Lawhead Team would like to share the latest One Cool Thing about signs that it may be time to make the move:
The average homeowner stays in their home for 10 years. Here are some telltale signs it’s time to pack your bags and make the move.
- It’s A Seller’s Market….And You Want In! A few signals may include: The price per square foot in your area is increasing, the amount of time properties stay on the market is decreasing, and you’ve noticed an uptick in brokerage activity in your neighborhood.
- Your Neighbors Are Selling And Making The Big Bucks. Check with your REALTOR about listings and pay attention to the “recently sold” flyers in your mailbox to see what comparable homes in your area are going for.
- You’re Sick Of Feeling Financially Stressed. You may have underestimated your ongoing housing costs and simply want to ease your financial burden.
- You’ve Grown – But Your Home Hasn’t. The starter home you moved into when you were expecting your first child isn’t necessarily the house you need now that your family has grown.
- You’re Over The Maintenance. Most homeowners shell out $2000 annually for maintenance services, such as landscaping, septic service, trash and recycling, and housecleaning. If you’re tired of these payments, you may want to consider a move to a low-maintenance condo or a home with an HOA that handles those things for you.