Great San Diego beaches in Leucadia.
The Lawhead Team is proud to work and live in such a beautiful area. We love our beaches here and would like to share some information with our readers about the Leucadia area’s beaches.
Located just north of downtown Encinitas is the funky beach community of Leucadia. The beaches of Leucadia are all located below steep vertical cliffs, and the three main stairways that lead down to popular spots are difficult to find, which makes for relatively secluded beach areas that are frequented by locals.
If you are looking for some great surf spots, Leucadia is your place!
Where to Go:
- There are three popular surf spots in the area between Leucadia State Beach and Encinitas County Beach – Grandview, Beacon’s and Stone Steps, which are accessible via well-maintained stairways along Neptune Avenue.
- Neptune is one-way running northbound, so if you overshoot your target you’ll have to circle back south on Coast Highway and try again. El Portal Street (leading to Stone Steps), Leucadia Boulevard (the trailhead for Beacon’s), and Grandview Street at the far north end of Neptune (leading to Grandview Beach).
- Free street parking in residential neighborhoods along Neptune Avenue.
- Leucadia beaches offer no bathrooms, permanent lifeguards or facilities of any kind. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and if you aren’t looking for amenities, then
- may be just the thing to inspire your mojo.
Must Visit Spots In Leucadia:
- The Leucadia Donut Shoppe on Coast Hwy 101 – after an early morning paddle out, it just can’t be beat.
- The Leucadia/Encinitas Farmer’s Market and Art Fair, Sundays 10AM to 2PM. Cross streets of Union & Vulcan.