Key points from July’s HomeDex report for North County San Diego.
The Lawhead Team would like to share North San Diego County’s latest HomeDex report’s key points.
- The median price for all North County home sales – attached and detached – increased to $495,000 in June 2013 compared to $485,000 in May 2013 according to the HomeDex report.
- Detached homes in North County increased 1.71 percent in June 2013 to $565,000 compared to $555,500 in May 2013. Year-over median price for SFD in North San Diego County jumped 20.21 percent, from $470,000 in June 2012, continuing an 11-month trend of year-over median price increases (the last four months exceeding 20 percent).
- HomeDex reported detached home prices OUTSIDE North County increased 2.32 percent to $429,750 in June 2013 compared to $420,000 in May 2013. Year-over non-North County median price jumped 23.49 percent compared to $348,000 in June 2012, making a 15-month trend of year-over median price increases.
- Attached home prices in North County increased 5.86 percent to $333,450 in June 2013 compared to $315,000 in May 2013. Year-over North San Diego County median price increased 28.75 percent, compared to $259,000 in June 2012.
- HomeDex reported Non-North County attached home prices decreased 1.31 percent to $301,000 in June 2013 compared to $305,000 in May 2013. Year-over countywide SFA median price increased 33.19 percent, compared to June 2012.
- The number of North San Diego SFD listings (active and contingent according to the HomeDex report) rose 5.97 percent from May 2013 to June 2013, but decreased 26.1 percent year-over compared to June 2012 – continuing a 22-month trend of year-over declines in listings.
- The number of sold North San Diego County SFD units decreased 5.76 percent in June 2013 compared to May 2013. Year-over sold SFD units decreased 0.88 percent compared to June 2012 according to the HomeDex Report.
- Median days-on-market for single-family detached homes sold in North County increased to 19 days in June 2013 compared to 18 days in May 2013.
- The HomeDex affordability percentage for all homes in North San Diego County – attached and detached – remained at 34 percent in June 2013.