San Diego’s latest for condos, townhomes and other single family attached homes.
The Lawhead Team would like to share the latest on San Diego North County’s housing trends for condos, townhomes and the like. Looking to buy or sell a condo or townhome in the San Diego area? Please call The Lawhead Team, “Because Two Lawheads Are Better Than OneTM“.
- The North San Diego County median-priced single-family attached (SFA) home increased 5.86 percent, from $315,000 in May 2013 to $333,450 in June 2013.
- Non-North San Diego County SFA home median price declined 2.65 percent, to $285,000 in June 2013 from $292,750 in May 2013.
- North San Diego County SFA median price increased 28.75 percent year-over, compared to $259,000 in June 2012, the seventh straight monthly year-over price increases exceeding 20 percent. Non-North County SFA median year-over price increased 35.71 percent, compared to $210,000 in June 2012.
- San Diego County SFA home median price decreased 1.31 percent, to $301,000 in June 2013 from $305,000 in May 2013. Year-over county median price increased 33.19 percent compared to June 2012.
- The median number of days-on-market for North County SFA homes sold decreased, from 18 days in May 2013 to 14 days in June 2013. The average number of days-on-market decreased, to
- 39 days in June 2013 from 53 days in May 2013.
- The number of sold SFA units increased 8.76 percent in June 2103 from May 2013, while the number of sold SFA units in non-North County Zip Codes fell 3.97 percent in June 2013 from May 2013.
- Year-over SFA sales in North San Diego County increased 10.09 percent, from June 2012. Non-North County year-over sold units increased 2.54, compared to June 2012.
- SFA listings (active and contingent) in North San Diego County increased 7.36 percent from May 2013 to June 2013, but were down 41.28 percent year-over from June 2012. San Diego County SFA listings (active and contingent) increased 6.27 percent from May 2013 to June 2013, but decreased 33.56 percent year-over compared to June 2012.
- Housing Affordability – Single-Family Attached Homes
- The monthly payment – including principal, interest, property taxes, and insurance – for the median-priced SFA home in North County increased, to $1,564 in June 2013 from $1,501 in May 2013. The monthly payment for the median-priced SFA home in non-North San Diego County zip codes decreased, to $1,336 in June 2013 from $1,395 in May 2013.
- The percent of San Diego County households able to afford the median-priced SFA home in North County decreased, from 55 percent in May 2013 to 53 percent in June 2013.
- The SFA home affordability level for non-North San Diego County zip codes increased, to 60 percent in June 2013 from 58 percent in May 2013.
- 60 percent of county households were able to afford the median-priced SFA home in North San Diego County in June 2012, and 70 percent were able to afford the median-priced SFA home in non-North County zip codes.