Cool down your home with these tips.
Want to cool your home down without paying an arm and a leg in electric bills? Check out The Lawhead Team’s tips for cooling down your home:
- Set your thermostat to 70-75 degrees when you are home and 80 degrees when you are away. Don’t turn it off completely as it costs more to cool the entire house back down once it overheats.
- Position your electric devices such as computers, TV’s and lamps away from your AC thermostat. Your AC can sense the heat from these devises and make your air run longer than necessary.
- You may want to consider a new AC if yours is more than ten years old and it isn’t getting as cool as it should be. This will shave up to 30% off your bill!
- If your home feels like it is more humid than hot, you may want to make some adjustments. Try moving indoor plants outside as they produce a lot of moisture. You can also invest in a dehumidifier or run your bathroom exhaust fans for a full 20 minutes after a shower to dry the air.
- Take advantage of the heat by line drying clothes outdoors. This will cut the cost of using your dryer which is the most expensive part of doing laundry.
What are some tips you use to stay cool at home? Share with us by commenting on our blog.