One Cool Thing – Buyers Offer More For A Staged Home
The Lawhead Team would like to share the latest “One Cool Thing” from the California Association of Realtors about home staging.
Helping a potential buyer view a house as a home is key when selling. Staging a home is one way to do that, and may just earn the homeowner some extra money.
Median dollar value spent on home staging per home: $675
- 32% of the time there was an increase of 1%-5%
- 28% were unsure
- 19% said a staged home had no impact
- 16% of the time there was an increase of 6%-10%
- 3% of the time there was an increase of 11%-15%
- 1% of the time there was an increase of 16%-20%
Who pays for home staging?
- 62% of Realtor® offer home staging services to sellers
- 10% of sellers pay for staging after the home is sold
- 39% of sellers pay for staging before listing the home
- 3% of a Realtor® firm pay for the home staging service
Source: NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® 2015 Profile of Home Staging