Know what to look for in your next home’s neighborhood.
The Lawhead Team would like to share the latest One Cool Thing about choosing the right neighborhood for your next home:
In the third quarter of 2018, home buyers were asked what they take into consideration when choosing a new neighborhood, the importance of highly ranked schools and the number of homes available for sale in their neighborhood.
Here’s what home buyers consider when choosing a neighborhood:
- 25% want to be in close proximity to friends and family.
- 24% would like to be in close proximity to job and short commute.
- 20% of home buyers would like their new home to be close to their school of choice.
- 6% would like their new home to be close to parks, trails and dog parks.
- 6% would also like to be close to entertainment, activities, restaurants and shopping.
- 3% would like to have access to walk to various locations of choice.
- 3% would like access to public transportation.
- 14% non/other.
Source: National Association of Realtors.