Are you a first-time home buyer?
The Lawhead Team would like to share the following information about first-time home buying from the C.A.R.’s latest One Cool Thing.
- 86% An overwhelming majority of recent buyers financed their purchase in 2015, despite above-normal activity from all-cash buyers that likely pushed the percent share down
First-timers, usually younger buyers, were more likely to finance.
- 6% – The median down payment for first-time buyers.
- 14% – The median down payment for repeat buyers.
Whether you’re a first-time or an experienced buyer, C.A.R. provides valuable information to understand the financing options and find down payment assistance programs available to you.
- Visit downpayment.car.org
- Enter a specific property address, or the area in which you are looking to buy.
- Click “View Programs” to learn more.
Sources: National Association of Realtors Annual Buyer and Seller Survey: CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS