Buying a home? Here is what you need to know.
Follow this helpful checklist to make sure buying a home is right for you. Remember to call The Lawhead Team for all your buying and selling needs!
- If you are planning to buy a home soon, start shaping up your credit. Make sure your credit history is as clean as possible and get copies of your credit report to make sure there aren’t any problems.
- Look for a home you can truly afford. You don’t want to buy the most expensive home you can afford and then not be able to buy furniture to put in it.
- Have you saved up for a down payment? Even if you cannot afford the usual 20 percent to put down, there are other low interest mortgages that require a smaller down payment.
- Look for a home in a good neighborhood. Finding a home within a good school district will help up your home’s value when it comes time to sell.
- Get pre-approved before you start home shopping. It is a very good idea to see what price range you will be able to afford and when you do find the right house, you’ll be able to make a serious offer on it.
- When you do find the home you want, make sure to hire an inspector. It is very important not to get emotionally attached to the homes you want to get because if an inspector finds a major flaw wrong with the home, it is in your best interest not to go through with purchasing the home.
- Lastly, make sure to hire a professional REALTOR® like The Lawhead Team who has your interests at heart and will help you with strategies during the bidding process.