How much do you use social media when it comes to big purchases?
The latest “One Cool Thing” from the California Association of Realtors’ brought to you by The Lawhead Team – Social Media Use Is On The Rise.
From searching for home-buying tips to looking for an agent referral, buyers are increasingly using social networking tools to aid in the home-buying process.
Percentage of California buyers using social media:
- In 2011, 52% of buyers were using social media.
- In 2012, 68% of buyers were using social media.
- In 2013, 75% of buyers were using social media.
- This year, in 2014, 77% of buyers are using social media to find a home.
What are buyers using social media for?
- 44% are using social media for buying tips and suggestions from friends.
- 44% are using it to get neighborhood information from friends.
- 42% of buyers use social media to check out an agent’s Facebook Page. Are you consistent with updating yours??
- 35% of buyers are using social media for agent referrals.
- 23% use social media to obtain home buying info and tips.
- 23% also use social media to check out neighborhood profiles.
- 20% of buyers use social media to check out an agent’s YouTube profile.
How much do you use social media when it comes to buying or selling a home?