Prevent break-ins at your home.
The Lawhead Team would like to share some statistics about break-ins to give you an idea of how to properly protect your home:
About 1.4 million burglaries occurred in 2017, and more than two in three break-ins were of residential properties, according to FBI data. These are the most common points of entry during break-ins:
- 39% broke a window.
- 20% broke the front door to break in.
- 19.5% broke the back or another door.
- 14.5% picked the front door lock.
- 11.36% picked the lock on the back door or another door to break in.
- 9.9% of break-ins occurred when a back or another door was unlocked.
- 9.8% the front door was unlocked.
- 8.1% garage door was open.
Source: Cove home security