What To Do This weekend in Carlsbad.
It is going to be a great weekend to spend at the beautiful beaches in Carlsbad. The Lawhead Team would like to share some helpful tips to making your beach experience in Carlsbad the best one yet!
Carlsbad‘s beaches still remain San Diego’s best kept secrets. If you have ever driven along Pacific Coast Highway in Carlsbad you have noticed how beautiful the scenic drive is.
The northern half of the Carlsbad coast is full of small beaches divided by sea walls. There are walkways and sea walls with a host of facilities to make the beach going in Carlsbad pleasing to the eye and simple.
Where in Carlsbad to go:
- Tamarack Beach – This beach is located right at PCH and Tamarack. Warm Water Jetty, located right by the Electric Power Plant, and Terramar, located near the lagoon, make these spots popular for local surfers.
- Agua Hedionda Lagoon – The lagoon is north of Cannon Road and home to the YMCA’s water sports camp. There is also a private water skiing concession and an experimental fish farming program.
- South Carlsbad State Beach – This is a campground right on the bluff looking out at the beach with no obstructed views. Children can ride their bikes around the campground and boogie board on the uncrowded beach below. This campground fills up fast. Make sure to plan and reserve ahead of time.
- The Bluffs – Between Cannon Road and Batiquitos Lagoon are The Bluffs. The Bluffs are tall and steep, offering few safe routes to the beach.
- Ponto – Also known as South Carlsbad State Beach, Ponto has more well-defined peaks for surfing than the faster-closing beach breaks on the main stretch.
- Batiquitos Lagoon – This is a coastal wetland and home to many plants, birds, and fish. The area is run by the California Department of Fish and Game as a nature reserve. The 610-acre lagoon is located 28 miles north of San Diego, north of Leucadia, at the southern edge of Carlsbad, and next to South Carlsbad State Beach.
We wish everyone an enjoyable and safe weekend at the beach! Enjoy Carlsbad!!