Summer is here and it is time to enjoy the outdoors at night on your patio.
The Lawhead Team would like to share some great tips for making your backyard patio the perfect retreat this summer.
- Add that relaxing sound of water. Enhance your relaxing moments on your backyard patio with a small fountain trickling over large stones.
- Create a spot in the shade. Take advantage of that big shade tree in your yard. When it’s hot out during the summer or you need a break from gardening chores, you’ll have a nice quaint shady area to relax in.
- Add a flower border to the edges of your patio. If your patio looks like it’s just been dropped in your yard, plant flowers like annuals, perennials and shrubs around the edges.
- Add a rug or carpet to your patio. There are a lot of options when it comes to high quality and weather resistant rugs for your patio. Choose a colorful rug to spice up your backyard.
- Add fun and charming accents to your patio. Do you have an old wagon or wheelbarrow? These can be turned into decorative holders for your container garden or you can simply plant flowers right in your accent as well. If you want to brighten up your accent piece, add a fresh coat of brightly colored paint to your wagon or wheelbarrow.
- Build a fire pit or use a propane fire pit on your patio. You can easily make a fire pit out of flagstone slabs or small boulders. This make for a great warming outdoor space in the spring and fall.
- Add a wandering path with fragrant flowers alongside. While you’re relaxing on your patio, you can enjoy the rich aroma of the beautiful flowers you’ve planted.
- Use accent and mood lighting on your patio. Add ambiance to your favorite seating area with low voltage solar produced lighting. Also adding tiki torches will bring a tropical feel to your yard.
- Add a planter box to your patio décor. Planter boxes are a great way to showcase your favorite small plants. There are always new colorful annuals coming on the market every year.