Living in San Diego we get used to the amazing sights to be seen here.
San Diego is a destination for a lot of travelers. Next time you have a weekend free or even have company in town and want to show them around, check out our list of must do’s in San Diego.
- Visit Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego. If you want the best dining, entertainment, shopping and nightlife, Gaslamp is the way to go. Make sure to check out all the 16 block neighborhood Gaslamp has to offer.
- Check out San Diego’s nautical side. It truly is a treat to be able to step aboard the Star of India at the Maritime Museum of San Diego. You can also visit the longest serving aircraft carrier of the 20th Century, the USS Midway.
- Visit one of San Diego’s many amusement parks. Pick from the San Diego Zoo’s shows, the rides and exhibits of Sea World, the family fun at The San Diego Wild Animal Park or Legoland California Resort for the kids.
- Grab a beer at one of the many breweries in San Diego. From big names like Karl Strauss to still small but quickly growing Pizza Port, the beer selection in San Diego is one of the best.
- Visit Petco Park for a baseball game. This stadium is newly built and quite amazing and even includes a lot of San Diego’s history within it.
- San Diego’s beautiful beaches offer relaxation and activities galore throughout the year. Rated one of the nation’s best, Coronado Beach is a leisure-filled paradise, while North County has some of the best surfing beaches around.
- Take a stroll around Balboa Park. Balboa Park includes 15 world class museums, 85 cultural institutions and the world famous San Diego Zoo. Definitely a destination worth taking up your whole day.
- Spend a day, or three, shopping in San Diego. The ritzy streets of La Jolla have a lot of high end fashion to offer. There is also Horton Plaza in downtown where you will find everything and anything you need for your closet.
- Soak in some history in Old Town. Pick up some one of a kind hand crafted arts and gifts and make sure to be hungry! Old Town has some of the best Mexican food including hand-made flour tortillas.