Fun things to do in North County this weekend.
Looking for something fun to do this weekend? The Lawhead Team has compiled some fun events that can fit anyone’s age that are right in your own backyard in North County San Diego!
- Cruise around Downtown Carlsbad: California’s coast of Carlsbad is home to many cute little shops, countless restaurants and exciting beach clubs. The historical Carlsbad village theater also provides a variety of live performances on its historical stage.
- Legoland in Carlsbad: If you have kids this is an ultimate destination for the family right here in North County! Rides and attractions for every age, Legoland is one of the newest theme parks in California.
- Del Mar Racetrack: Now that the fair is over, the horse races will be opening soon. Don’t forget every Friday the Del Mar Racetrack hosts free concerts.
- Flower Fields: North County’s flower fields of Carlsbad sit on the corner of Palomar Airport Rd and Paseo del Norte and are a treat for any springtime visitor. There is a small entrance fee but well worth it!
- Mission San Luis Rey in Oceanside: In the 1770’s Father Junipero Sierra, a missionary from Spain, sailed to California to convert the native population to Catholicism. During his time here in California, Fr. Sierra built 21 missions with the assistance of the local native people. It was during that time that the Mission San Luis Rey was built in North County’s Oceanside. The mission is a working Catholic church that is open for tours throughout the year.
- Buena Vista Adobe in Vista: This is one of the original ranchos in North County. Owned by the same family for over several generations, it was also home to one of Hollywood’s leading ladies during the 1940’s. The Buena Vista Adobe is open daily for tours and legend has it the Adobe is haunted so watch for ghosts!
- Wild Animal Park: A wonderful attraction for North County located in Escondido, the Wild Animal Park originally began as a breeding facility for the San Diego Zoo located in Balboa Park. In the 60’s the park was opened to the public. There are many exotic animals at the Wild Animal Park such as Lions, Tigers, Cheetahs, Gazelles, Giraffes and more.