It feels like spring already!
It doesn’t feel quite like winter now so some of these home maintenance tasks may even be performed before Spring.
In order to keep your home looking and performing its best, The Lawhead Team would like to share these spring home maintenance tips with our readers:
- Perform a roof inspection. The roof is your home’s first line of defense against water damage. Don’t delay fixing leaks in your roof and avoid water damage when the next storm hits during spring.
- Clean out your gutters. Fall time is when all the leaves and debris gather in your gutters. Before the spring rains hit, these gutters should be cleared out.
- Replace or clean your HVAC filters in your home. We recommend twice a year but more if you have pets living in your home. A dirty filter makes your HVAC system work harder which not only uses more electricity but can also make your HVAC unit need repairs sooner than necessary.
- Clean out your dryer vent. Of course you need to clean out your lint trap after every use but did you know lint can also make its way into the dryer vent? Cleaning your vent will save money on your electric bill as well as prevent a house fire.
- When was the last time you checked your washing machine fill hose? A leaky hose under pressure can cause major damage in a short period of time so make sure you check for cracks that can become leaks.
- Vacuum your refrigerator coils. Pull the fridge out from the wall and vacuum up the dust that has collected on the coils located on the back of the fridge. This will avoid your fridge from working harder which means less of an electric bill. A great spring cleaning activity!
- Replace batteries in your smoke detectors. You never know when you’ll need to rely on your smoke detector to warn you of a fire…better safe than sorry so replace your batteries before spring.