Preparing your home to sell is a crucial step getting the most for your home.
You don’t need to spend a lot of money to make your house appealing to buyers. In order to sell your home quickly and for the amount you are asking, follow these helpful tips to preparing your home to sell:
- Enhance your home’s curb appeal. Spruce up the look of the yard by performing regular yard maintenance. Mow the yard, edge the lawn and add some colorful flowers and plants.
- De-clutter your home so a potential buyer can picture themselves living there. We recommend removing personal items like toys, papers, magazines, makeup products, family photos and any knick-knacks.
- Repaint if you have colorful walls. Make everything look cleaner and fresher with whites and light tans. Lighter colors also make a room look better and brighter.
- Make sure your home‘s floors are clean. If you have carpet, you will want to get them professionally cleaned. For tile and hardwood, use a floor shiner. If your flooring shows a lot of wear and tear, you might want to consider new flooring for your home in order to make it more appealing to buyers.
- Turn on every light in the home to brighten it up. Open your blinds or curtains to let light in. If you are showing the home at night, make sure to turn on all lights outside so the home is easy to find and the paths are well lit.