Tips for shopping for a new home.
If you are looking for a new home to buy, The Lawhead Team would like to share some helpful tips to help the new home shopping experience be a pleasant one.
- Make sure you will not have to move in the near future. If you can’t commit to remaining in one place for at least a few years, then owning is probably not for you, at least not yet.
- Make sure your credit is in line. In most cases, you will need to get a mortgage to buy a new home and in order to do that, your credit must be as clean as possible. Get a credit report and fix any problems you discover. The sooner the better!
- Know how much house you can afford. A good rule of thumb is you can buy a new home that runs about 2 ½ times your annual salary. Get pre-approved for your loan before you start looking at homes that are appealing to you.
- Check out the neighborhood and school district in the area for your new home you are looking. Even if you don’t have children, when it comes to sell, strong school district homes are a top priority for many home buyers, thus helping boost your property values.
- Hire professionals during your new home buying process. First you should have a professional real estate agent on your side to help with finding a new home and going through the entire escrow process. Once you find the home you like, hire a home inspector to point out potential problems that could require costly repairs down the road.