Home improvement tips for all home owners.
YUG!!! Home improvement, the dreaded words that make you wish you were a renter. Well, let me tell you, Home Improvement is not always such a bad thing!
Keep reading for 5 USEFUL TIPS for attacking your home improvement projects:
- Need to remove the base of a broken light bulb? Use a potato, Yes, that’s right, a potato. Turn off the power to the fixture, cut the potato into a cylinder small enough to fit but large enough to engage it. Hold the potato by the unpeeled end and firmly push it in twist.
- You can spread glue with the fake pre-approved credit cards that you get in the mail
- When driving screws into dense hardwoods, lubricate them with wax or soap to prevent stripping the hole.
- Tint the primer to match the finishing coat… You will only have to do 2 coats.
- When using a hammer for your home improvement projects, sand the face of the hammer head with sandpaper to help the hammer grip the nail and prevent the nail head from slipping.
- Wrap paint rollers and brushes in a plastic bag and place them in the refrigerator between coats so they do not dry out.
- If you are NOT confident about a home improvement project, especially plumbing or electric, DO NOT TRY IT!
- And for you BIG projects, add 10 to 15 percent on to your budget for surprises. You never know what you may find until you start a project.
And remember, HAVE FUN with your home improvement… Owning a home can be an enjoyable experience. Just smile, breath, and you will survive.